Press Release<< Back
Avid Continues Proven and Trusted Shared Storage Innovation with New ISIS 7500
Streamlines and accelerates media production in the most complex environments; doubles storage capacity; provides high availability and performance for large-scale facilities
"Media organizations are facing relentless pressure to increase content
production while simultaneously improving operational efficiency and
controlling costs," said
ISIS 7500, the successor to ISIS 7000, provides superior scalability; support; performance; an open workflow-centric platform; protection; and real-time collaboration. Specific features and benefits include:
- Greater capacity and scalability- A new 128 TB configuration, powered by the new i8000 storage blade and ISIS 4.6 software, enables media organizations to scale the system with up to 3 petabyte (PB) of raw storage (double the capacity of ISIS 7000).
- Unparalleled performance- Through patented technology, ISIS ensures client media due times, delivering incomparable, predictable performance and more media streams per ISIS engine in even the most editing-intensive environments. As client counts increase, ISIS sustains real-time multistream performance across the system.
- Real-time collaboration- With ISIS shared storage, multitudes of content creators and contributors can work together—sharing the same media assets facility-wide or everywhere with Interplay® Sphere—to turn around projects faster. Connect and collaborate with up to 330 others simultaneously with ISIS 7500. ISIS is the only system that provides highly scalable, highly protected, real-time editorial workflows.
- Reliable protection- High availability hardware design with no single point of failure. With patented data distribution and redistribution technology, ISIS 7500 maintains real-time performance in the event of a disk failure with automatic drive rebuild, giving media organizations total peace of mind in the most demanding media production environments.
- An open, workflow-centric platform- ISIS was built with the entire media production workflow in mind. It tightly integrates with AirSpeed® 5000 ingest/playout, Interplay asset management, Avid editing systems, and Pro Tools® audio production, accelerating the end-to-end workflow. It also welcomes third-party applications and servers, enabling easy integration into existing infrastructures.
- Support for HD and high-res files- With support for real-time SD, HD, and other high-resolution media, ISIS is the ideal hub for the modern media production workflow. Store vast amounts of source footage and make it readily available to everyone, everywhere.
- Lower total cost of ownership- With the new high-performance, higher capacity ISIS storage blades available in ISIS 7500, which provide 128 TB capacity, facilities can optimize performance, scalability, and storage density at a more affordable price. More importantly, the new i8000 storage blades lower total cost of ownership (TCO), delivering twice the storage capacity of their predecessors (with raw storage of up to 3 PB), using the same physical footprint as smaller capacity configurations—without requiring any increase in power consumption, cooling, cabling, or other operational expense.
Availability and Pricing
ISIS 7500 will be available worldwide in
Customers with an Avid Advantage ExpertPlus or Elite support plan can upgrade to ISIS 4.6 software anytime by logging in to their Avid Master Account.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open,
innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation
with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for
the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the
world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music
recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts.
Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®,
Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and
services, visit www.avid.com,
connect with Avid on Facebook,
News Provided by Acquire Media