Press Release<< Back
Avid Everywhere Redefines Live Sound and Studio Production Workflows
When used together, Avid VENUE | S3L-X and Pro Tools® | Software—both part of the Avid Artist Suite of solutions and powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform—deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording live productions.
"Live sound professionals face tight budgets, pressure to get more value from their assets, and a multitude of technology choices," said
The system delivers expanded networking, control, and processing to meet a range of live performance demands. Customers can reduce complexity and cost by sharing the same I/O across multiple S3L-X Systems, with full automatic gain compensation. With support for 64-bit AAX DSP plug-ins, plus the open EUCON and Ethernet AVB network protocols, Avid VENUE | S3L-X ensures compatibility with a variety of Avid and third-party products—now and in the future.
Avid VENUE | S3L-X features new VENUE 4.5 software—the industry's most proven and trusted live sound software platform—and allows live sound professionals to:
- Mix anything, everywhere—from major festivals to space-constrained clubs
- Share the same I/O across two or more Avid S3L-X Systems, with complete auto gain compensation
- Mix DAW sessions using Avid S3 as a standalone mixing surface and 4x6 audio interface
- Keep pace with the latest sound processing innovations with 64-bit AAX DSP plug-in support
- Scale the modular system to accommodate any size performance, from 16-64 mic pres
- Get exceptional sound quality, plus reliable Ethernet AVB connectivity, without the cable bulk
- Achieve maximum performance with 2x more RAM compared to Avid S3L
- Record directly to Pro Tools (or other DAW) through a simple laptop Ethernet connection
- Get great reliability for the road with the rugged, reinforced engine design
- Monitor with confidence through the high-output, low-noise headphone amp
Avid VENUE | S3L-X will be available early Q4 2014 through Avid resellers worldwide.
VENUE 4.5 software upgrade will be available in late Q3 2014 to current S3L System customers.
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative, and comprehensive media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption for the most listened to, most watched, and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
CONTACT: PR Contact:
Avid Sara Griggssara.email@example.com +1.310.907.6909
News Provided by Acquire Media