Press Release<< Back
Avid Introduces New Pro Tools Licensing, Providing Customers Access to Future Cloud Features and Software Upgrades Through March 2016
"Pro Tools is the most frequently used and highly trusted digital audio workstation in the industry because of its unrivaled sound quality, power, and versatility for music and audio post production," said
Lower upgrade pricing for existing customers—and access to future upgrades - Starting in November, Avid will enable owners of Pro Tools 9/10, Pro Tools | HD 9/10, Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered to upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11/Pro Tools | HD 11 and access the latest, most powerful workflows, plus get one year of renewable standard Avid Support—at savings of up to 60% off previous upgrade pricing. Customers upgrading now will have access to upcoming features including cloud collaboration capabilities.
New Pro Tools | Software purchases also to include future upgrades - Also starting in November, customers can purchase Pro Tools | Software with a one-year, renewable subscription support plan that also includes all Pro Tools | Software upgrades throughout the duration of their plan, as well as one year of renewable Avid Standard Support.
Avid Support extended through
March 2016- As a special limited-time offer, customers who purchase a new license of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support or an upgrade/crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 with Standard Support by December 20, 2014will have their support plan extended through March 31, 2016. That equals up to 17 months of Pro Tools upgrades, updates, and support instead of the usual 12, depending on when customers purchase. Moving forward, customers will be able to easily renew their plan annually for just $199(Pro Tools) or $599(Pro Tools | HD) per year to continue receiving support, updates, and upgrades, so they always have access to the latest tools and features.
These new Pro Tools 11 offerings enable customers to:
- Unleash their creativity with incredible processing power
- Add epic numbers of virtual instruments and effects to create rich sounding mixes
- Get unrivaled sound quality and powerful 64-bit performance to handle huge mixes
- Monitor record inputs on native systems with ultra-low latency
- Play and edit HD video right in the Pro Tools timeline—without transcoding
- Compose and polish mixes with over 60 64-bit AAX virtual instrument and effects plug-ins
- Speed up mixing with industry-trusted automation tools
- Enjoy the benefits of being on the Avid MediaCentral Platform
- Communicate and collaborate with other Pro Tools users around the world through the cloud (coming soon)
- Store and archive their sessions locally or in the cloud (coming soon)
Sell their music and other sound assets in the
Avid Marketplace(coming soon)
- Document, manage, protect, and track their assets with a universal metadata schema (coming soon)
- Enjoy track freeze and many more exciting new features coming throughout 2015
For more information on the upcoming Pro Tools cloud collaboration capabilities and
Avid Support for Pro Tools benefits include:
- Get help whenever, wherever, and however you need it
- Have world-class experts available worldwide to answer questions and resolve issues
- Stay up to date with included Pro Tools updates and upgrades
- Gain access to how-to videos, troubleshooting articles, and more from Customer Care
- Add hardware coverage for an additional annual fee for total peace of mind
Pricing and Availability
Owners of Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11* for just
Owners of Pro Tools | HD 9 or Pro Tools | HD 10, or Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit, can upgrade to Pro Tools | HD 11^ for only
New customers can purchase version 11 of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support for
* An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use Pro Tools 11 software.
** Customers must upgrade to or purchase Pro Tools 11 by
^ Pro Tools | HD 11 works with Pro Tools | HDX and Pro Tools | HD Native systems only. An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use the software.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
CONTACT: PR Contact:
Avid Sara Griggssara.firstname.lastname@example.org 310-907-6909
News Provided by Acquire Media