Press Release<< Back
Avid's Community of Editors Shine at the ACE Eddie Awards
BURLINGTON, Mass., Jan. 30, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avid® (Nasdaq:AVID) today congratulates the film and TV editing community on their achievements at the 67th annual American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie Awards, which took place on January 27 in Los Angeles at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. As part of its ongoing commitment to the community, Avid again sponsored the awards, where the vast majority of winners and nominees relied on the industry's most proven and trusted video editing solution, Avid Media Composer®, to bring the director's vision and story to life.
Editors who used Media Composer, powered by the MediaCentral® Platform, the industry's most open, tightly integrated and efficient platform designed for media, include:
- Joe Walker, ACE, who won the award for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) for Arrival
- Bret Granato, Maya Mumma and Ben Sozanski who won the award for Best Edited Documentary (Feature) for O.J.: Made in America
- Tim Porter, ACE, who won the award for Best Edited One-Hour Series — Non-Commercial for Game of Thrones: "Battle of the Bastards"
Tom Cross, ACE, who won the award for Best Edited Feature Film — Comedy for La La Land, said, "It feels incredible to be honored by my peers in the editing community with an ACE EDDIE Award - and I couldn't have done it without Avid Media Composer. The Avid gave me the flexibility to creatively enhance La La Land's editorial style according to the arc and emotion of each scene—from the kinetic energy of the protagonists' first encounter and the slower romantic scenes to the fever-pitch pace of being swept off your feet."
"We're honored and proud that the world's most celebrated editors rely on Avid's comprehensive creative tools and production workflow solutions to create the industry's most compelling films and television programs," said Avid Chairman and CEO, Louis Hernandez, Jr. "We congratulate our outstanding client and user community on their achievements, and look forward to continuing to work closely with our preeminent customer community to deliver more innovations in the future that empower them to take their creativity and storytelling to the next level."
Eddie Award winners and nominees relied on Media Composer to create:
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (DRAMATIC):
- Arrival (Joe Walker, ACE) - WINNER
- Hacksaw Ridge (John Gilbert, ACE)
- Hell or High Water (Jake Roberts)
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (COMEDY):
- La La Land (Tom Cross, ACE) — WINNER
- The Jungle Book (Mark Livolsi, ACE)
BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE):
- 13th (Spencer Averick)
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week — The Touring Years (Paul Crowder)
- O.J.: Made in America (Bret Granato, Maya Mumma & Ben Sozanski) - WINNER
BEST EDITED ONE-HOUR SERIES — NON-COMMERCIAL:
- Game of Thrones: "Battle of the Bastards" (Tim Porter, ACE) - WINNER
- Stranger Things: "Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers" (Dean Zimmerman)
BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (TELEVISION):
- The Choice 2016 (Steve Audette, ACE)
BEST EDITED HALF-HOUR SERIES:
- Silicon Valley: "The Uptick" (Brian Merken, ACE)
BEST EDITED ONE-HOUR SERIES — COMMERCIAL:
- Better Call Saul: "Fifi" (Skip Macdonald, ACE)
- Better Call Saul: "Klick" (Skip Macdonald, ACE & Curtis Thurber)
- Better Call Saul: "Nailed" (Kelley Dixon, ACE & Chris McCaleb)
BEST EDITED MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE (NON-THEATRICAL):
- The Night Of: "The Beach" (Jay Cassidy, ACE)
BEST EDITED NON-SCRIPTED SERIES:
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: "Manila" (Hunter Gross, ACE)
- Deadliest Catch: "Fire at Sea: Part 2" (Josh Earl, ACE & Alexander Rubinow, ACE)
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption. Avid's preeminent customer community uses Avid's comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films, to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid's industry-leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, Avid NEXIS™, Interplay®, ProSet™ and RealSet™, Maestro™, PlayMaker™, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2017 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, Avid NEXIS, iNEWS, Interplay, AirSpeed, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Playmaker, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
PR Contacts: Sara Griggs Avid firstname.lastname@example.org 310-907-6906